AJWAIN SEEDS BENEFITS
A little amount of oil known as ajwain oil is found in ajwain seeds. Thymol, a phenol found in the oil, is responsible for the fruit's thyme-like aroma. Thymol is a natural remedy for stomach issues. Antifungal and antibacterial properties are also present in it.
The following are some of the health benefits of ajwain:
- Digestive Health
- Arthritis Pain Relief
- Infection Prevention
- Toothache Relief
- Lower Blood Pressure
- Cough and Congestion Relief
How To Use Ajwain Seeds In Cooking
It’s typically ground right before it’s used and added during the final stages of cooking.
You can use ajwain in many different ways, including:
- Making the Indian bread ajwain paratha
- Creating flavorful chicken, fish, bean, or lentil curries
- Flavoring meat, rice, soups, and sauces
- Mixing it with fenugreek, turmeric, and mustard seeds to create a pickling liquid
- Boiling it in water to create ajwain (oma) water to ease indigestion or help with weight loss
What is Ajwain Seeds in English?
- It is called Coram Seeds.
WebMD Medical Reference